The United States of America is established under what is known as the Patriarchal Social System. A social system that you’ll find elaborate definitions for, but I’ll cut through the fat and give it to you straight: The Patriarchal Social System gives all the power of the man. The power to control his home. The power to run the state. The power to administrate the federal government, the court system, and legislature. Simply put, under the Patriarchal Social System, man rules.
I have provided some works cited for you to delved deeper into this Archaic social system, but here’s the gist of it all. Our society is well into the 21st Century, yet, we (collectively as a people) feel the need to cling to a Stone-Aged social system that does not provide equality to the citizenry. Ironically? Then we ask, “Why don’t we enjoy equality as a people?”
Woman once stood as an equal with man, considered an integral part of the social structure. But as the social horizon was changing, a myriad of factors was forcing woman to remain closer and closer to the home. The man was becoming more and more aggressive in defending not only his homestead, but the village.
The woman took on a more supportive role.
But that was just life. A struggle. Requiring team work. The husband and wife team could have overcome their specialties in life, but that was not the case.
Enter the perverted and misogynistic cult.
Before I continue, I’m going to take a minute to explain some things here only because I understand many of you love your church, love your God, love your Jesus, Allah, Buddha, YHWH, Elohim, Jehovah, Brahman, et cetera, et cetera, believe me, I could go on and on. But this post isn’t about religion, that’s for another day, this post is about the insidious belief that man is in charge of this planet.
But, just as Patriarchy found man in dominant authority, the situation was further complicated, drastically, by the intervention of another male dominated, misogynistic influence, itself a political entity (not a religious one).
Men began to adhere to a false, exaggerated, distorted (psychotic?) belief in their ability to communicate with God. Moses did it in 1400 BCE, why not them? (Quick footnote: The very word God was not even coined until the mid-1800 CE; you do the math. And even then it was not associated with the Creator.) But here is the gist of this line, no man, no where, at no time, has been in direct communication with a supreme creator, per research and investigation.
To date, no human being has, and it is most likely no human being will ever speak face to face with the any supreme entity for any cause related to mankind. Yet, many men began to claim such association with God and established for themselves an Order, and a venue, their temples, through which to gain influence and power in the developing (struggling) societies.
The goals of these self-ordained clerics were to gain control of citizens through fear tactics, threats, and the publication of false, intimidating doctrines and scriptures through which they would make believers bow to their perceived power and influential connection to the Creator. They also wanted to possess land and money.
Now all of this would have been harmless had it not been for the misogynistic factor.
Misogyny is defined as the hatred or dislike of women or girls. Sadly, this was one of foundational themes of the developing, organizing church. So much so, within their doctrines and scriptures, they called for her death at the hand of men.
“You shall not allow the witch to live,” was the order from the pulpit.
The resulting, unprecedented, sweeping slaughter of women is incomprehensible. The numbers are estimated as high as nine million plus, and that was only at the end of the Inquisitions.
In that the order still exist today, is still preached today from pulpits around the world, is still viable today, can be found in every holy book in print, means many men still believe it is their God given right, their duty to the church, to abide and beat, torture, even murder women.
Now, as idiotic, as insane as that may sound to you. Consider this; the clerics were so adamant in their desire to control the populations, they even had three clerics produce a book, The Malleus Maleficarum. This “how to” book details how a man should hunt, trap, and kill a witch. (Important Note: There is no such things as witches other than the cute ones running around on Halloween. Never have been, never will be. They are a physical impossibility. And no, there is not mystical, magical evil power that offers them the ability to fly on a broom.)
So, the Patriarchal System, the influence of the cult, soon had man believing himself to be inherently superior to essentially everything, women, beast, nature, even other weaker men.
But that was then; this is now.
Here is my point. This is 2016. We are well into the 21st Century, yet we are still bound to archaic, Stone Aged thinking, doctrines, long proven debunk religious scriptures, and our women are still persecuted as witches.
Consider these choice quotes from some of the most revered religious front-men:
- Woman is a temple built over a sewer.—Tertullian
- The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes. —Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546)
- The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians. —Pat Robertson, Southern Baptist leader (1930–)
- No gown worse becomes a woman than the desire to be wise [educated]. –Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546)
Unbelievably, a concerning large number men today cling to those ridiculous words as if they actually meant something.
Here’s what I want you to walk away with from this post. And I’ll launch this with some good news. Recently, we heard the long overdue announcement that military women could now serve in virtually any, and every capacity within the armed forces. And that, gives me cause to state this:
The Patriarchal Social System is dead in America.
It’s time for man to take a dose of his own medicine; but, that pill is going to be a choker.
Oh, many, many men are clinging, hugging, weeping over the corpse as if it would somehow rise like their beloved Lazarus; but no.
Here’s another important fact to know; as per the 2010 Census, women now have the edge over men in this country. The stage is set, woman has been given the cue, she must take that cue now.
There will be no more confining women to the home; there will be no more condemning her as inferior by design, a thing of no social use other than to be a servant to man, good only as a bearer of children, a concubine. There will no more legislating her medical rights. She will no longer have to work for less than the man. She is on the verge of equality.
The practice of subjugation, humiliation, degradation, and enslavement is over. The winds of change are blowing.
Thank you for reading,and I hope you come back for the next post in this series in which I will explain what women and the black man have in common (you don’t want to miss that one!).
Below please find some links utilized in producing this entry. For a complete list of sites address violence against women, please visit my Resource page at https://dhesbarpublications.wordpress.com/resources/.
- 2010 U.S. Census http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdfAristotle. Politics. Trans. Benjamin Jowett. The Internet Classics Archive. Web Atomic and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 13 Sept. 2007. Web. 4 Nov. 2008.
- Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
- 20 Vile Quotes Against Women by Religious Leaders from St. Augustine to Pat Robertson. Tarico, Valerie. AlterNet. http://www.alternet.org/gender/20-vile-quotes-against-women-religious-leaders-st-augustine-pat-robertson
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/8-reasons-why-rome-fell
- God: Online Etymology Dictionary http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=god
- Misogyny, Not So Much Homophobia, Is the Church’s Root Issue Needing A Solution. Wolfman, Jonathan. Huffington Post: Religion. May 19, 2014. Web. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-wolfman/misogyny-catholic-church_b_3683311.html
- On The Evolution of Patriarchy (And Why Men Didn’t Do It) http://permutationofninjas.org/post/30120518447/on-the-evolution-of-patriarchy-and-why-men-didnt
- The Malleus Maleficarum http://www.malleusmaleficarum.org/
- Patriarchy – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarchy
- PATRIARCHY AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: CHALLENGING COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS. Steven R. Tracy. Professor of theology and ethics at Phoenix Seminary. JETS 50/3 (September 2007) 573–94.
- Patriarchy and Wife Assault: The Ecological Fallacy. Donald G. Button. Department of Psychology University of British Columbia Violence and Victims, Vol. 9, No. 2,1994. © 1994 Springer Publishing Company.
- Patriarchy and Women’s Subordination: A Theoretical Analysis Abeda Sultana, PhD. Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Dhaka. The Arts Faculty Journal, July 2010-June 2011.
- Patriarchy as a System of Male Dominance Created at the Intersection of the the Control of Women, Private Property, and War, Part 1 by Carol P. Christ http://feminismandreligion.com/2013/02/18/patriarchy-as-an-integral-system-of-male-dominance-created-at-the-intersection-of-the-control-of-women-private-property-and-war-part-1-by-carol-p-christ/
- Patriarchy as a System of Male Dominance Created at the Intersection of the Control of Women, Private Property, and War, Part 2 by Carol P. Christ |http://feminismandreligion.com/2013/02/25/patriarchy-as-an-integral-system-of-male-dominance-created-at-the-intersection-of-the-control-of-women-private-property-and-war-part-2-by-carol-p-christ/
- Patriarchy As An Integral System of Male Dominance Created at the Intersection of the Control of Women, Private Property, and War, Part 3 |http://feminismandreligion.com/2013/03/04/patriarchy-as-an-integral-system-of-male-dominance-created-at-the-intersection-of-the-control-of-women-private-property-and-war-part-3/
- Socialist Feminism in the 21st Century https://www.solidarity-us.org/site/node/4127
- THE EVOLUTIONARY ORIGINS OF PATRIARCHY http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic1001965.files/Course%20Materials_Week%205/Evolution%20of%20Patriarchy%20Smuts%201995.pdf
- The Horrors of the Holy Church and it’s Inquisitions. http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatican29.htm